Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Check out the new APQ!

My quilt in APQ!

I'm so excited to announce that a pattern for one of my quilt designs is in the April issue of American Patchwork & Quilting! Credit for making and beautifully quilting the quilt (and buying the fabrics!) goes to the one-and-only Mother, who's been alerted by her LQS that issues are coming in now.

Bird Crossing (Birds of a Feather)

April 2009 American Patchwork & Quilting coverI called the quilt Bird Crossing, but it's Birds of a Feather in the mag. Somehow my first quilt pattern slipped into the “expert tips” issue, which has me giving advice alongside the more experienced likes of Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle, Joanna Figueroa, and Amy Butler, and I'm even included in the “Tips from Quilt Designers and Teachers” feature on the APQ website. Not bad, eh? Perhaps I should have the Mother make all my quilts! Alas, it'd be tricky from the provinces of China (more on that later).

IMG_1045

There'll also be a pattern for a matching stuffed bird made by Youngest Brother in the next Quilts & More—and it's even on the cover (I'll totally be making that cake pincushion)! Thanks Mom and Bro for lending your talents to these projects.

I have a few more projects in the publishing pipeline too (ones that didn't involve [as much] pimping my family out), so watch this space.

Update: Even if you missed the magazine while it was on newsstands, it’s not too late to get the pattern! Download it (with a new pillow pattern) from my website.

18 comments:

christyzee said...

Congratulations! Very, very beautiful quilt! you are very creative, I wish I had half of your talent!
Blessings...

~Michelle~ said...

I'll be waiting for my magazine! Congrats!

Libby said...

So fun! You both did an amazing job, designing and making. Congrats.

Tab said...

Beautiful! I adore the quilt. I think I like your name better though. For some reason it sort of reminds me of the Partridge family meets the Beatles... only in the best way though.

bettyninja said...

Congrats! I love the vivid colors and the design- just wonderful!

Beth said...

I will definitely have to pick up this mag -- and I always buy Quilts and More so I'll be sure to make youngest brother's bird!

wardstorms said...

Wow, I love this quilt. The binding is especially cute and the quilting is great too. I can't wait to get a copy of the magazine.

Michael5000 said...

That is awesome, Feed Dog! Congratulations!

Ryan said...

so cute and fun. I'm defintely going to try this even though its beyond my skills

Denise Felton said...

You rock, you rock, you rock! I've scheduled a link to this post to go live on my blog later this afternoon. I hope it brings you a few new fans. Congratulations!

Denise
http://needlework.craftgossip.com

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

What a talented family, love that quilt!

whimzeestitches said...

Congrats! I love the design - it has totally inspired me create one for my collection and I am really enjoy applique even as a beginner quilter.

Johanna Masko said...

Good for you!! I teach quilting classes in Toronto, and I held up my issue for my students to check out your gorgeous quilt, and they were smitten!! Lovely!!

Anonymous said...

this is amazing! love the quilt, congratulations.

Mr. Peacock said...

Congratulations!
What a cute quilt!

Mary Perrine said...

I loved this quilt when I saw it in the magazine. What a surprize to find it here with you making it. I decided to make my own version of it. I made a pillow to go with it with 2 birds appliqued on the front. I also added an egg to one of the birds.

Cecca said...

Lovely bird quilt! You must be a very talented family :-)

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

I got to see your quilt in person this weekend at Alden Lane Nursery quilt show. I loved it! I came home and googled you! :)