Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Look what I got!

Scott of Blue Nickel Studios and I arranged a swap a while back, and here are the great artist trading cards he made for me...

ATCs from Blue Nickel Studios

There's so much detail, from little mushrooms to tiny pieced triangles, that I'll be seeing new stuff in these for ages. The edge finishes are especially cool, with twine and fabric strips inserted in the blanket stitching. I never would have thought of that!

ATCs from Blue Nickel Studios (backs)

The backs are fun, too! And Scott even matched the fabric used to wrap the ATCs (here under them) with my usual colour scheme. And threw in some great cheater-cloth-ish cat fabric!

fun fabric, also from Scott

Thanks, Scott! I sent him a bundle of vintage fabric, starting with the car fabric seen here (I hope you can use the others too, Scott!), but culling some swatches from the stash doesn't really compare to the work he clearly put into these ATCs. Maybe I'll have to experiment with a few myself and send some his way...

2 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I am so lusting for that cat fabric...

(I only own about 2000 pieces of my own cat fabric...)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.